Health, Safety & Environment Officer, Ronayne Shipping, Cork, Republic of Ireland
We are seeking to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Officer, based at our Cork City Office, reporting to the Operations Director.
This role will be responsible for ensuring and supporting compliance with company, national and European – level health, safety and environmental standards for the company.
The successful applicant will need to be highly motivated, able to work on their own initiative and deliver solutions.
Ability to integrate with existing team is paramount.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Recognised Diploma in the Occupational Health and Safety
- An advanced knowledge of health and safety principles with proven technical skills in occupational safety and health disciplines with a minimum 3 years’ experience in a related role
- Development and maintenance of the Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Ensure area of responsibility is maintained in a constant state of compliance and audit readiness in line with current regulations and business needs.
- Ensure resolution of and/or appropriate escalation of issues
- Key point of contract with HSA and other Regulatory Authorities
- Experience of auditing – external and internal.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly Safety, Health and Environmental reports/KPIs
- Identification of new or revised applicable Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation and ensuring compliance against existing legislation
- Manage overall safety training program – Assess training gaps, ensure maintenance of current training matrix, source & select suitable training providers and roll out.
- Lead investigations into near misses, incidents, identify root causes and implement changes to prevent re-occurrences.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with all levels of staff, contractors and management and present key safety info to staff and management.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages – MS Word, excel, publisher, PowerPoint etc.
Applications: CV & Cover Letter should be emailed to email@example.com