Mainport hosted a workshop for all their off duty, Captain, Chief Mates and Engineers.
The first day consisted of a Teamwork and Communications day in the National Maritime College of Ireland. Then all back to Mainport Headquarters for Lunch and the afternoon schedule presented by our office team , outside contractors and one of our charter parties CGG.
- In House Safety Introduction: Catherine Giltinan
- Mainport Welcoming: Dave Ronayne
- Marine Seismic/CGG: Loic Cochevlou
- Safety: Dermot Curtin
- Preparation for Painting: James Donnelly Jotun
- Purchasing System: Kate Ronayne
- New Builds, New Client:Dave Hopkins
The next days timetable consisted of more interesting presentation with a mixture of speakers from class, department of Transport, Flag, Western Geco and our office team.
- Class Surveys, Vessel Certification & Seafarers: Fred Hardy – BV
- Crew Certifications, Medicals: Jennifer Howe
- Travel/Visa Documents, Client Training Booklets: Sharon O’Mahony
- ISM/ISPS/MLC Code and recent changes: Tony O’Reilly, GL
- Comms & ECDIS Mainport: Peter Molloy
The next morning involved more presentation
- Preparation for Drydocks: Vincent Gallagher
- Port State Vessel Inspectionn : Neil Forde, DOT
- Observation Intervention : John Foster, WG
- Degradation of Fuel, Fuel Sampling BDN’s: Jim O’Byrne
- Safety Awards: Dave Hopkins
at the end of last day , we then had the group photo and adjourned to the Sextant bar where we had great food and great camaraderie ; some people stayed later than others!!